THE SOL2023 NATIONAL HOSTING AUTHORITY
OVERSIGHT & GOVERNANCE
The National Hosting Authority is a body set up under PG2023 Act, Pacific Games Charter and Host Agreement as the joint overall oversight body overseeing the work of the Facilities Committee, Organising Committee and sub-committees.
The NHA's main objective is to ensure the Pacific Games Association and Government Obligations under the Pacific Games Charter, Host Agreement and PG2023 Act 2017 are discharged in a timely manner to ensure proper planning and successful implementation.
The National Hosting Authority will ensure Government/National Sports Council/Pacific Games Association maximizes legacy out of the Games.
- NHA ensures Government funding is made available to the committees to be able to discharge their respective functions professionally and in accordance to PG2023 Act 2017 procurement rules and the Financial Management Act.
- NHA Receives monthly reports from respective committees and ensure the committees are functional
- NHA Chair convenes NHA meetings as required to ensure it provides effective and efficient oversight on the functions of the committees and sub-committees.
COMPOSITION OF THE NHA BOARD
- Chairman Appointed by Government
- 3 Positions Appointed by Government
- 3 Positions Appointed by NOCSI
- 1 Pacific Games Council Appointment
National Hosting Authority Board Oversight Responsibilities
Key Administrative bodies that are charged to deliver the games under PG2023 Act 2017
- NHA SOL2023 – Hosting Authority (Joint oversight body)
- GOC SOL2023 – Games Organising Committee
- FAC SOL2023- Facilities Committee
- HP SOL2023 – High Performance Sub-Committee (a sub-committee of the NHA without legislated responsibilities.)
The Administrative bodies set up under PG2023 Act 2017 are:
- National Hosting Authority
- Games Organising Committee
- Facilities Committee
NHA has the authority to set up any sub-committee to ensure that the committees discharge the obligations of PGA and Government set out under Host Agreement.
- The Games Organising Committee, and Facilities Committee each, have a have a Chairperson and Board
- The HP Sub Committee also has a Chairperson and Board.
- Each Chairperson reports to the Chair of the NHA.
- Each Committee is headed by an Executive Director or CEO.